IRTD – Eminently Distinguished Engineering Achievement Award
for Contribution in the field of
“Computer Science and Engineering”
Awarded on 28th Oct 2017
at IRTD 2017 – Kathmandu, Nepal
Dr Arvind K Sharma
PhD, SMUACEE, AMUAAMP, MIAENG
Managing Editor, International Journal of Computer Science & Technology, India Overseas Editor/Reviewer, American Institute of Science, United States of America
Dr. Sharma has received his Doctorate degree, Ph.D Computer Science in the year 2013. The title of his Ph.D thesis was “Exploration of Efficient Methodologies for the Improvement in Web Mining Techniques.” He started his professional career in the year 2001 as Lecturer of Computer Science in Shri Varshney P.G. College, Aligarh. He has more than 14 years of work experience in academic fields.He is a recognised Research Supervisor for Master’s and Ph.D programmes of Career Point University, Kota, Poornima University, Jaipur, Pacific University, Udaipur, OPJS University, Churu, Rajasthan, India. He is guiding many M.Tech and Ph.D Scholars in the area of Computer Science & Engineering.
Dr. Sharma has published 41 research papers, including 17 in refereed journals and 24 in national and international conferences.He has authored and co-authored almost 5 books on Computer Science so far. He has attended respectable number of National,International Seminars, Workshops and Conferences in which he actively participated and presented papers. He has participated as Speaker and Keynote Speaker in many National and International Conferences in India and abroad.
Dr. Sharma is a Member of numerous academic and professional bodies such as:
• The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers [IEEE], USA
• The Institute of Research Engineers and Doctors [IRED], New York
• The International Association of Engineers [IAENG], Hong Kong, China
• The World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology [WASET], USA
• The Universal Association of Computer & Electronics Engineers [UACEE], UK
• The Association for Computing Machinery Inc. [ACM], New York
• The Computer Science and Teachers Association[CSTA], New York
• The International Economics Development and Research Center [IEDRC], China
• The International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology [IACSIT], Singapore
• The Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics & Telecommunications Engineering [ICST], Europe.
Apart from it, Dr. Sharma is serving as a Managing Editor of International Journal of Computer Science and Technology (IJCST), Overseas Editor/Reviewer of American Institute of Science, New York, USA and Regional Editor of International Journal of Information and Communication Technology (IJICT). He is on role of Editorial Board Member and Reviewer of several National and International
Journals like IEEE Security & Privacy, IJCTA, IJCSMC, GJCST, IJCSAI, IJSCE, GJEIS, IJRECE, IJERT, IJECEE- Algeria, IJSER, USA.
Dr. Sharma is a recipient of Young Scientist Award by Green Thinkers Society at IRSD-2016, National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research (NITTTR), Chandigarh, India for his outstanding contribution in the field of Information Communication & Technology (ICT) on 1st to 2nd December 2016. He has received Cosmic – Young Scientist Award for outstanding contribution in the field of Computer Science and Engineering at ACSECT-2016, Bangkok, Thailand on 22nd January 2016 and COSMIC – Young Research Excellence Award for Contribution in the field of Computer Science and Engineering Award on 6th Jan 2017 at AETM 2017 – Bangkok, Thailand. He also received Best Teacher Award by Lions Club International Kota, Rajasthan for showing high degree of professional skills and outstanding contributions in the field of education. He has received a Certificate of Appreciation from Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani, Minister, Human Resource Development, Government of India for the valuable services rendered in the field of education in 2014 and 2015 respectively. Besides it, he received Best Paper Award in the International Conference on Advancements in Engineering, Technology and Management at Bangkok, Thailand in 2014. For the last fourteen years, he has been actively involved in writing, teaching and research in the diverse areas of Computer Science and Information Technology. His research interest spans the broader area of Web Mining, Web Intelligence Applications, Opinion Mining, Data Mining, Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning Tools.
Dr. Sharma has done interesting and pioneering work in the following fields:
• Website Usability and Loyalty using Web Log Data in Web Usage Mining;
• Prediction of Blood Donor’s Behavior and Attitude by suing Data Mining Techniques;
• Alumni Interactive System Framework for Private Higher Educational Institutions;
• Enhancing the Performance of the Website through Web Log Analysis;
• Evaluating Similarity of Website Contents using Genetic Algorithm for Web Design Re-organization
At present, he has been engaged in developing a Threat Model as a Security Mechanism to Secure Web Application Database for SQL Injection Attacks.